I love this slice! My mum used to make it all the time when I was little, if she had to take a plate it would be Coconut Cherry Slice.
I love the dark chocolate it gives the slice a decadent richness. Other times I have made this I have drizzled dark chocolate on top which also looks great. I have cut this in normal slice sizes and also in bite size squares.
If you want more chocolaty goodness you can use more chocolate for a thicker base, which can be harder to cut through but is still can work well. I sometimes don’t actually measure the glace’ cherries I just add until l think I should stop, I love glace’cherries.
This Is a great easy slice that many will love and a fantastic treat with coffee.
Coconut Cherry Slice
- 200 g Dark cooking chocolate
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 cups Desiccated coconut
- 150 g Glace’ cherries (roughly chopped.)
- Line a 22cm square tin with baking paper.
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave (do in 30sec lots and stir so chocolate doesn’t burn) or in a bowl over simmering water in a pot.
- Pour melted chocolate in to prepared tin and smooth out to all edges.
- Place in fridge to completely cool.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, add sugar and stir until combined.
- Fold through coconut and glace cherries.
- Pour coconut mixture on cold dark chocolate and spread evenly.
- Place into oven at 160’C and cook for approx. 30 min, until golden on top.
- Let Slice cool completely then put in fridge until cold.
- Once completely cold (dark chocolate base needs to be hard) cut in to slices.