I love chocolate Brownies and this recipe is easy to whip up. I make this all in one saucepan, I melt the butter and cocoa on the stove top on low then let it cool for 5 min. You can alternatively do it in the microwave and melt butter then stir in cocoa and let cool for 5 min. I add white chocolate chips but you can add dark or milk choc chips … or all 3 types if desired.
I do make these at Christmas. I cut the brownies in to triangles to look like Christmas trees. On top I drizzle white chocolate or color the white chocolate with red or green. You can also use a pretzel or candy cane as the tree trunk.
Make a batch, cut it up and put in to freezer (can freeze for about 2 months) and grab one out for dessert or as a treat. Tastes great heated up with ice cream and caramel sauce on top.
- 150 g butter
- 1 cup cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 g White Choc Bits
- Pre-heat oven at 160’C, line with baking paper a 27cm x 18 cm baking tin.
- Melt the butter and stir in the cocoa, then allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Beat in the eggs. Stir in the sugar and vanilla essence.
- Add the flour and baking powder and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir the white chocolate bits through, then turn the mixture into the baking tin
- Bake at 160°C for 45-50 minutes or until just firm when pressed in the center.
- Leave in the tin for 20 minutes, then turn out on to a rack.
- When cold, cut into bars and dust with extra cocoa or drizzle with white chocolate.
One Comment Add yours